donderdag 8 juli 2010

finalistas!!

One dream come true, my team playing Spain for the World Cup this Sunday. I'm really a Barcelona fan, and most of Spain's players are in their squad. Still, however much I love their style, they are going to lose this one to Dutch determination. Amsterdam is going to get crazy :)

What a nice summer so far. I even solved a little philosophy (at least for myself). It concerns the status of models in archaeology, especially concerning comparing different cultures. How can you 'catch' another form of life in your own language without 'rewriting' it. After reading much Wittgenstein and an anthropologist named Viveiros de Castro, I have formulated some ideas myself. Put simply it means being able to take another point of view. Now, that really sounds so simple, with large DUH factor. But for us comparativistas it is really hard to resist a 'craving for generality', so it serves a purpose. Also figuring out Amazonian perspectives is not as easy.

Still a lot of work to do, but it's adding up a bit. Persistence, determination, they get you places.

In case you don't get the vibes from watching the Oranje squad, maybe check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkcltdCknBI&playnext_from=TL&videos=D6p9VmmU7WQ

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten